1. What Personal Information do we collect?
1.1 “Personal Information“ is information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
1.2 Personal Information collected may include (but is not limited to) your name and email address.
2. When and why we collect Personal Information
2.1 We collect your Personal Information to allow us to conduct our organisational functions, to respond to any queries that you submit through the Website, and for the specified purposes set out in paragraph 4.1.
2.2 We may collect your Personal Information when you:
- visit our Website;
- fill in a form on our Website;
- complete any surveys on our Website; or
- contact us by telephone, fax, email, post or in person.
2.3 Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you.
3. Google Analytics
3.1 We use Google Analytics to help analyse how you use our Website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of our Website. Google will store this information. We will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Google Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our Website. We will not associate any data gathered from this Website with any personal information from any source as part of our use of Google Analytics.
3.2 If you do not want your Website visit data reported by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please visit the Google Analytics opt-out page at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
4. How is your Personal Information used?
4.1 We use the Personal Information we collect about you for our organisational functions and activities, which may include the following:
- to communicate with you and provide you with information or services you have requested;
- to help us research the needs of our customers and to market our services with a better understanding of your needs and the needs of customers generally;
- to conduct research for the purposes of improving existing services or creating new products or services; and
- share your Personal Information with selected third parties in accordance with paragraph 5 below.
4.2 We may collect and use your Personal Information for other purposes not listed above. If we do so, we will make it known to you at the time we collect or use your Personal Information.
4.3 We do not otherwise disclose your Personal Information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Information Privacy Principles under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
5. To whom we disclose your Personal Information
5.1 Depending on the nature of your engagement with us, we may disclose your Personal Information amongst the Universities, to our related entities and to third parties that provide products and services to us or through us.
5.2 We may also disclose your Personal Information to our website host, site builder or software application providers in certain limited circumstances, for example when our Website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner.
6. Accessing and updating your Personal Information
6.1 You are entitled to access Personal Information that we hold about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, in ordinary circumstances we will give you full access to your Personal Information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If we refuse your request to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
6.2 A request for access can be made by contacting our Privacy Officer in any of the ways specified in paragraph 8.
6.3 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested, and properly update the information provided to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Please contact us in any of the ways specified in paragraph 8 if you believe that the Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
7. Storage and security of Personal Information held by us
7.1 We aim to keep your Personal Information secure. Any Personal Information that is collected via our Website or which is held on our computer systems is protected by safeguards including password-protected email accounts.
7.2 If we find that we have no further need for your Personal Information we may remove it from our systems and destroy all record of it.
8.1 If you:
- wish to make a complaint in relation to a breach of your privacy;
- would like to access your Personal Information held by us; or
- would like to correct your Personal Information held by us,
please contact us in any of the following ways:
>> by phone on (02) 9036 7079; or
>> by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.2 We will investigate your queries and complaints within a reasonable period of time of receiving the complaint and will notify you of the outcome of our investigation.
Last updated: 15 April 2016